Time: 30 minutes
Crispy Jerusalem Artichoke and Balsamic
- 2 tbsp Olitalia Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pounds small Jerusalem artichokes (sunchokes), scrubbed, quartered
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 5 tbsp 8 year old Fattoria Estense balsamic vinegar
1. Heat oil in a large skillet, preferably cast iron, over medium high heat.
2. Add Jerusalem artichokes and 1/4 cup water and season with salt and pepper.
3. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes.
4. Uncover skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until water is evaporated and Jerusalem artichokes begin to brown and crisp, 8–10 minutes longer.
5. Add rosemary and butter to skillet and cook, stirring often, until butter foams, then browns, about 4 minutes.
6. Remove skillet from heat and stir in vinegar, scraping up any browned bits. Spoon brown butter sauce and rosemary over Jerusalem artichokes and add a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 8 year old balsamic vinegar